JB-Umphrey, Attorney
Experience:  Over 13 years' experience advising and assisting individuals and organizations with their business matters.

is it legal for the president of a company to have his wife

Customer Question

is it legal for the president of a company to have his wife look at the books when she is not employed by the company and is not on the board
Category: Business Law
Expert:  JB-Umphrey replied 3 years ago.
Welcome and thank you for your question!

There is no law which prohibits her from looking at the books. Some may consider such acts to be unprofessional; however, they are legal (because there's no law which prohibits it). Such acts most certainly will occur if the company is going through a divorce and there's an issue of property settlement.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back. I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

~~ J.B.
Hi there!

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,
~~ J.B.