TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Internationational Commercial Attorney

iam a owner operator leased to small trucking co,when i ask

i'am a owner operator leased to small trucking co,when i ask then about their rates they charge,fuel surcharge they get, and % they keep they said they are not require to show their rates. is this true and how much % are they allow to keep??

Thank you for your question. In general, the trucking company is not required by law to show an owner-operator working for them the percentage they keep when hiring you out to customers. Further, there is no limit by law on how much of the percentage they may keep.

The specific language of your contract with the company may provide you with some insight. Do you have your contract handy?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no i don't,are they required to show the rate their getting when asked ?

Not unless the contract you signed with them states that they are required to. Without seeing the contract, I can tell you that most contracts of this type do not provide the owner-operator with that right.