Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney
Experience:  30 years of corporate, litigation and international law

I currently have a 2 member LLC in which I own 85% and the

I currently have a 2 member LLC in which I own 85% and the second member owns 15%. We are looking to obtain capital through an investment, giving them 15% of the company. Is there a way to make sure they have only equity and no voting rights? Is essence we want to make sure the investor is a "silent" investor rather than having the same rights as us two.

bizlaw :

You would have to create another class of member that was non voting. However, they will have to have voting rights on major isssues such as selling the company's assets or anything that modifies their rights as a class.

If you need further help please do not rate 2 stars/faces "Helped a little" or 1 star/face "I expected more".This is considered a negative rating against me.

Just reply to me via the "CONTINUE CONVERSATION" or "REPLY" button with the questions you have as I receive no compensation for my efforts for the lowest two ratings.

Please keep in mind that I am trying to help you understand and resolve your situation. I don't make the laws, I am just reporting or interpreting them, so the outcome may not be what you had hoped for.

If this answer is responsive to your question, please accept it by giving a three stars/faces or higher . That is how we are compensated. I would also be appreciated if you provided feed back on your view of the answer. Finally, if the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus. If I can be of further assistance or you have other questions in the future you can ask for me and reach me at this site.

This communication is not intended as legal advice. A local attorney should always be consulted for legal advice. No client/attorney relationship is intended or created by this communication-