Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.

What if you signed the auto contract, the dealership did not

What if you signed the auto contract, the dealership did not tell you financing was pending. They call you 8 days later and tell you to either pay another $4000 or accept different financing terms. You have already sold your other car to another party and have insured the car you brought from the dealer. They claim you can return the car without penalty but now one has to purchase another car. can you make the dealer abide by the contract that was signed?
this deal was in Southern California
*Nothing herein is intended as legal advice, only intended as general information to better help yourself.*

Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to answer your questions!

Don't Forget that the deposit you placed to ask this question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service ! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself or the law .

Car dealers have been known to claim financing has fallen through as a means of obtaining additional monies from the purchaser.

Once you have a signed contract, the negotiations have been completed. The dealership is required to abide by the contract
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok. So since they were able to obtain financing but not for the price they wanted they cannot cancel the contract by law.

Yes that is correct. They must adhere to the terms of the contract