Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  30+ yrs. representing small business, real estate, probate

I need to write a formal letter to the board of directors for

Customer Question

I need to write a formal letter to the board of directors for a non-profit organization. I already have the numbers to back my advice but need an opening paragraph to convince them that this new CFO is concerned about the future of the! I am not a good letter person :(
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 3 years ago.
Can you provide a little more detail about a) your relationship to the NPO, i.e. why you are advising them about your numbers; and b) why you feel they need convincing about this person's concern for the future of the company.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am the Controller for a NPO treatment center for young women. I do all the financials but only submit in 2 weeks for the board to review. I would like to include a cover letter to the board with my ideas on how to increase revenue and decrease some costs. Opening paragraph is what I want help with. I am a numbers person but not the best letter writer. Can you help?

Expert:  Irwin Law replied 3 years ago.

Seems like you write well enough to present your situation very clearly. First, your letter should be addressed and sent only to the president of the board and not to each member individually. You don't want to alienate the president by making it appear that you are by-passing him. Just say:

Dear Sir (or whatever you call him/her). I am pleased to submit my financial report for 2012. I also wish to point out some areas in which I think steps could be taken to both increase revenue and reduce operating expenses, for your consideration. They are:.....

Is this what you had in mind?

*** Please click on a 3,4,or 5 rating so that I will be compensated. If you need clarification or additional information, clicking on number 1 or 2 is not necessary. Just click on Reply and ask for further information or explanation without rating the answer. BONUSES for quick and helpful responses are very appreciated. This answer does not create an attorney client relationship. Please be sure to consult a local attorney to verify the accuracy of this answer according to your state's laws.

Expert:  Irwin Law replied 3 years ago.
Hello again. I notice that you read my Answer, but you have not rated it. If you need more information, please send a Reply to this. If not, I hope that you will enter a positive rating for my. Thanks again for using Pearl.Com- Just Answer.