Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney
Experience:  30 years of corporate, litigation and international law

Hi, I need to know what are the requirements to open a commercial

Hi, I need to know what are the requirements to open a commercial Janitorial business in California?

bizlaw :

Will you be incorporating? How many employees will you start with? Am I correct that you will not be dealing with any hazzardous materials?

Customer: Yes, I will start small, maybe hire two for now. No hazardous waste.
bizlaw :

I suggest you incorporate your business either as a limited liablity company or a corporation, an S corporation. Both of these types of business entities provide limited liablity protection but avoid double taxation. You would then register your business with the state because you will have to handle withholding. Depending on the city and county in which you locate your business you may need to get a local business license. Here is a link to the CA site where you select the city and state to see what licenses and permits you might need for janitorial services. If you have more questions let me know.

If you need further help please do not rate 2 stars/faces "Helped a little" or 1 star/face "I expected more".This is considered a negative rating against me.

Just reply to me via the "CONTINUE CONVERSATION" or "REPLY" button with the questions you have as I receive no compensation for my efforts for the lowest two ratings.

Please keep in mind that I am trying to help you understand and resolve your situation. I don't make the laws, I am just reporting or interpreting them, so the outcome may not be what you had hoped for.

If this answer is responsive to your question, please accept it by giving a three stars/faces or higher . That is how we are compensated. I would also be appreciated if you provided feed back on your view of the answer. Finally, if the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus. If I can be of further assistance or you have other questions in the future you can ask for me and reach me at this site.

This communication is not intended as legal advice. A local attorney should always be consulted for legal advice. No client/attorney relationship is intended or created by this communication-