Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients .
17897874

What type of document should I sign with other businesses that

What type of document should I sign with other businesses that I would like to form strategic partnerships with in order to expand my product/service offering? I.e. I own a marketing company and I'd like to partner with a company who does videography. What is the best type of document for that? Thanks.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am LawGuy and I will do whatever I can to answer your question.

You would be describing a relationship governed by a joint venture agreement.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Is it a basic agreement or are there specifics that need to be met by both parties?

No, it is not a basic agreement. It would need to be specifically drafted by local counsel based upon the specific terms you and the other joint venture partner have negotiated.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have been reading it sounds like the JVA is something where two companies come together to spearhead a new venture. If I'm looking to contract out a certain service/offering that I want to offer, would this JVA be used or would something more simpler? (Strategic alliance perhaps)

If this is not a joint venture then it could just be a simple contract to provide exclusive services.