Richard, Attorney
Experience:  32 years of experience practicing law and a businessman.

my father is gifting me $13,000 for 2012. does that effect

my father is gifting me $13,000 for 2012. does that effect either his taxes or mine when we file at the end of the year??

can he do the same for 2013.
when is the last day he can do this for 2012 and the first time he can do this for 2013..

thank you jerry jeffkin
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Welcome! My goal is to do my very best to understand your situation and to provide a full and complete answer for you.

Good afternoon. This will have no impact on taxes for either of you. And, because the $13,000 falls under the annual gift exclusion, you also have no reporting requirements. He can give $13,000 per person per calendar year with no tax or reporting requirements on either party. The last day for the 2012 gift is December 31, 2012. The first day for the 2013 gift is January 1, 2013.

I hope this
has given you information that has been helpful to you. If the information
seems
more general than
specific, please be aware that we are only allowed to
provide information
and not
specific advice.
If you
have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between
your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping others or
taking a break.

If you do have any additional questions about my answer
please simply ask a follow up question without rating so I can provide
you with a fully satisfactory answer.
Please be aware that any rating of 1 or 2 is
reflected as a negative rating, reflects negatively on my performance, and I
receive no credit for my answers.

Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you. Please be
aware that the information provided here is not legal advice. Rather it is
simply general information. All states have intricacies in their laws and any
information given is simply information only and specifically is not

intended to be, nor does it constitute, legal
advice. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship
with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.

Richard, Attorney
Experience: 32 years of experience practicing law and a businessman.