Richard, Attorney
Experience:  32 years of experience practicing law and a businessman.
17027240

i own an LLC that LLC owns the building where the business

Customer Question

i own an LLC that LLC owns the building where the business resides. I am selling the building next month and moving to another location as a rental.

would it be advisable to also close the current LLC and start a new SCorp for the business so everything would be clean for the future? I want to be sure nothing from the sale of the building or the LLC can cause a problem in the future.

thank you jerry jeffkin
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Welcome! My goal is to do my very best to understand your situation and to provide a full and complete answer for you.

Good morning. It's probably a bit of overkill to just your business entity down and start up again, but if there is something about the sale of your building that you're worried about, this could possibly solve that issue if the problems don't arise too soon. I'm not sure what your business entail, but to do this, you will have to assign all contracts and assets the existing business has to the new entity. And, if a problem arises with the building you are selling in the near future, and you have gutted the existing entity of its assets, it's likely the buyer could pursue those assets that were transferred.

I hope this
has given you information that has been helpful to you. If the information
seems
more general than
specific, please be aware that we are only allowed to
provide information
and not
specific advice.
If you
have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between
your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping others or
taking a break.

If you do have any additional questions about my answer
please simply ask a follow up question without rating so I can provide
you with a fully satisfactory answer.
Please be aware that any rating of 1 or 2 is
reflected as a negative rating, reflects negatively on my performance, and I
receive no credit for my answers.

Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you. Please be
aware that the information provided here is not legal advice. Rather it is
simply general information. All states have intricacies in their laws and any
information given is simply information only and specifically is not

intended to be, nor does it constitute, legal
advice. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship
with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.

Richard, Attorney
Experience: 32 years of experience practicing law and a businessman.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thanks so much for the bonus! I appreciate your generosity and the
opportunity to serve you! If I can be of
assistance to you in the future, just look me up and I will be happy to help!