Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

as a nonprofit LLC will the sponsorships and the donations

as a nonprofit LLC will the sponsorships and the donations be tax deductublr for thr donators and sponsors? Is it as easy to apply for and get a grant with the nonprofit llc as it is with a nonprofit corporation?
The LLC as a non-profit pays no taxes on money they take in. The people donating for the charitable purpose would be able to write off their donations. Any salary paid to you would be taxable and the LLC would pay employment taxes on you like any employee. The LLC is very easy to obtain, so is the EIN number. you just have to be careful in filling out the non-profit application and you need to make sure your charitable purpose is clear in your articles of organization and you need to explain it clearly in your purpose statement in the non-profit application as to how this is a charitable purpose for the community or group. Generally, it is best to have a local attorney set up this non-profit so it is done right the first time and you get the non-profit status granted because if it is rejected and you do it wrong you may have to wait 12 months before you can reapply.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

If you did not get all of the information you may have wanted PLEASE USE THE REPLY TO EXPERT LINK IF YOU HAVE FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND NOT THE FEEDBACK BUTTON FOR BAD SERVICE. PLEASE CLICK ON “OK,” “GOOD” or “EXCELLENT” SERVICE. Kindly remember to ONLY rate my answer when you are fully satisfied. If you feel the need to rate anything less than OK, please stop and reply to me via the or REPLY TO EXPERT button with whatever issue or clarification you may need.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT AND BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”