Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney. I have experience in business law, bankruptcy, real estate law and estates.
63724254

If I have an LLC ( Company A), it has several different divisions: Wholesale

If I have an LLC ( Company A), it has several different divisions: Wholesale Sales (B) Retail store with franchises (c) Wholesale buying group (D) There are multiple investors in each division basically Company A is owned by investor 1 & 2. Company B is owned by : 1,2 & 3 Company C store is owned by 1 & 3 with investors in franchises (intellectual property) are 1,3,4&5 Company D investors are 1,3 & 6 What we have is a full circle deal. From wholesale sales to consulting to a retail store that's the "model" for our franchises and finally a buying group. Currently an LLC how is the best way to go about and do this. Company A is already branded and we don't want to create confusion by having all kinds of different company names.

Category: Business Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 2 years ago.

Attorney2020 :

Hello:

Attorney2020 :

It sounds like you have a full circle crew. An LLC will suffice, but you have several different divisions. Within your operating agreement you will want to divide that LLC into divisions that are managed by specifici individuals.

Attorney2020 :

Alternatively, you can incorporate multiple LLC structures and define the purpose of those entities specific with the division. This may create more clarity as far as the purpose and business plan of the overall model. However, there will be increased costs and fees associated with multiple LLC filings. I believe you can implement your model with one LLC.

Attorney2020 :

Since Company A is branded, amend the LLC operating agreement to reflect the implementation of the divisions.

Attorney2020 :

I hope this helps.

Please remember to rate my answer. I will gladly continue our discussion until you have gotten the information you need.

If you need further help, just reply to me via the “REPLY” or “CONTINUE CONVERSATION” button.

Please keep in mind that I am trying to help you understand and resolve your situation. I don't make the laws, I am just reporting or interpreting them, so the outcome may not be what you had hoped for.

Please be patient as I am typically working with several customers at any given time. Some answers take 5 minutes, some 35 minutes. But rest assured, I will get back to you.

I am not entering into an attorney client relationship, this is a public forum, and all posts

are available for public viewing. There is no duty of confidentiality that attaches to any posts. With that in mind, do not post any specific information you do not want available for public viewing. The information provided is not a substitute for a local attorney’s legal advice.

Information given is not legal advice. I am not your attorney. The information given is general only. I am not establishing or accepting an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So would I have everyone sign the one operating agreement for company A?
Or would I have different agreements for each division.

You will have one Operating Agreement for Company A. Have all of the Managers and Members sign it. I would hire a competent attorney to draft the terms of the Operating Agreement because this Agreement will be the laws within the company and is very important.

Attorney2020, Attorney
Experience: I am a practicing attorney. I have experience in business law, bankruptcy, real estate law and estates.