Shurmust, Attorney
Experience:  I have completed over 50 criminal jury trials in the last three years and teach Business Law part-time for a state college.

We have issued a trademark request for a company name of "columbia

Customer Question

We have issued a trademark request for a company name of "columbia escapes". We are trying to figure out why they would issue us a trademark on that term and not "columbia expeditions" which is termed "no exclusive rights to it".
Number 1) What is the diffrence?
Number 2) what are possible outcomes from the trademark office for "columbia escapes"?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Shurmust replied 3 years ago.

Shurmust :

Greetings. I am happy to help you. I want to clarify a couple of questions: Are you asking what is the difference between "Columbia Escapes" and "Columbia Expeditions" or what is the difference between "no exclusive right to it" and the mere issuance of a trademark? Also I am a bit confused as to your second question, earlier in your post yous tate you were already issued a trademark for "Columbia Escapes", but then you later ask what the possible outcome of the USPTO granting you a trademark under "Columbia Escapes." Where are you in your request with the USPTO? Have you been granted a "provisional trademark?"