Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Attorney
Experience:  25 years practicing law

How can you check if there is any active Judgement againt a

Customer Question

How can you check if there is any active Judgement againt a corporation?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Dave Kennett replied 3 years ago.
Dear Customer - All judgments are a matter of public record so you can check the court records in the county or city where the corporation is located to see if anything is on file. Many times this information will be on the county website depending on whether the county lists everything on line. To be certain you need to contact the county clerk's office directly to see if any judgments are on file.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I see a judgement was filed and there is also a Request for dismissal on the same day do you know what this could mean?

Without being able to read the pleadings I would only be guessing. If you want to explain the type of case or the overall situation I may be able to give you more information. Was the judgment as a result of a trial or was it because of a default or summary judgment ruling by the court?