Law Pro, Attorney
Experience:  20 years experience in business law - sole proprietor, partnership, and corporations
11688690

In a Florida Condominium Association, if an owner refuses to

In a Florida Condominium Association, if an owner refuses to abide by a Board approved policy (which happens to be similar to policy in a number of other associations)what avenues does the Management/other owners and/or Board have available to them?
The board can pursue the matter through fines and suspensions of owners' rights which are regulated by FS Chapter 720.305.

Here are the necessary actions that must be taken to fine an owner for any violation:

1.) Written notice of at least 14 days to the person sought to be fined.

2.) Opportunity for a hearing before a committee of at least three members appointed by the board who are not officers, directors, or employees of the association, or the spouse, parent, child, brother, or sister of an officer, director, or employee.

3.) PRESUIT MEDIATION according to new version of FS 720.311

4.) If still unsolved, litigation in Court of Law.

Please don't forget to rate my answer 3 or higher so that I receive credit for assisting you today.