Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney. I have experience in business law, bankruptcy, real estate law and estates.
63724254

I use a private mail box to recieve my company letter. And

I use a private mail box to recieve my company letter. And I move out that address this year. Now I am filing the statement of information. The physical address and the mailing address are i different city. Do I need to pay two city for business licence fee? If I transfer the address now , do I need to pay the mailing adddress business licence fee for last year?

Attorney2020 :

Hello:

Attorney2020 :

The mailing address where you accept mail will be considered the address for statement of information purposes. As for the business license fee, it will only be applied where your physical address is located. Only pay one business license fee where the business operates.

Attorney2020 :

As foe the mailing address business license fees, pay all fees for the current year that you operated in. Therefore, if you transfer your address now, the fee will still have to be paid for this year.

Customer:

I file that I start the business from current address from September this year. The city charge business licence fee. And IRS inform the address I files last year in another city, and that address is a private mailing box for statement of information. The city inform me to file business licence and said that when use a private box to recieve business letter, need to pay business licence fee. Is it the new regulation?

Attorney2020 :

Yes. Local governments set their rules for certain business licenses and since California is begging for any tax dollar they can get, they will in fact try to get it. I suggest paying the fee and get them off your back.

Attorney2020 :

Please rate my answer.

Customer:

Thank you.