Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

Goodmorning, I am Italian and in the process to move to California.

Goodmorning, I am Italian and in the process to move to California. I was planning to get a real estate broker license once there but I heard that the requirements to do so just changed by a law passed in August. I do not know if it is a federal law or just a California state law but I heard that it is not enough just to take the needed courses in order take the exam anymore, while it is necessary today to BOTH get a 4 years degree in real estate or in law AND have a two years experience as a sales agent. Is that correct? Can you give me any reference of this like a government site link where I can check and be sure? Thank you very much.
You do not need a 4 year degree to get a brokers license, but you will need to have at least 2 years of experience in the last 5 years. Also, you have classes that you need to take 8 college level courses for the license. Here are the state requirements, CA Department of Real Estate. There are no federal law agreements as the sale of real estate would be a matter left to state regulation.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

If you did not get all of the information you may have wanted PLEASE USE THE REPLY TO EXPERT LINK IF YOU HAVE FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND NOT THE FEEDBACK BUTTON FOR BAD SERVICE. PLEASE CLICK ON “OK,” “GOOD” or “EXCELLENT” SERVICE. Kindly remember to ONLY rate my answer when you are fully satisfied. If you feel the need to rate anything less than OK, please stop and reply to me via the or REPLY TO EXPERT button with whatever issue or clarification you may need.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT AND BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”