socrateaser, Attorney
Experience:  Retired (mostly)

If my wife works in my company (I am a 10%+ shareholder) and

If my wife works in my company (I am a 10%+ shareholder) and she is granted ISOs, would the price need to be at 110% of FMV, as if they were issued to me? She does not own any stock in the company.

Under Treas. Reg. 1.424-1(d), a spouse's ownership in ISOs is attributed to the other spouse for purposes of qualifying the ISO. In order to avoid the disqualification provision of IRC 422(b)(6), the ISOs issued to your spouse would have to be valued at 110% of fair market value.

Hope this helps.

NOTICE: My goal here is to entertain while educating the public about the law. I hope my answer is useful and informative to you. During our conversation, the website may ask you to rate my answer. If you rate my answer lower than the middle rating, then the website retains your entire payment, and I receive nothing. It is entirely your choice as to how you rate my answer. However, because your payment to me is in the nature of a donation/gift, rather than as compensation for any services rendered, you are entitled to know how your rating affects the final distribution of your donation.

If you need to contact me again, please put my user id at the beginning of your question ("To Socrateaser"), and the system will send me an alert. Please Click the following link for IMPORTANT LEGAL INFORMATION. Thanks and best wishes!