socrateaser, Attorney
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
10097515

RA - ARC

Customer Question

I already asked my question and provided ce card info. I got hung up on a password XXXXX I now have a temp password. I don't want to go through the whole thing again and pay again. So lets fast forward to wherer I was.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 1 year ago.

Different contributor here. Please permit me to assist.

If the business is a "general partnership," which means a partnership that is not created under the umbrella of a separate legal entity registered with the state, such as an LP, LLP, LLC, or Inc., then the bankruptcy will be treated approximately the same as a personal bankruptcy, and everything will flow through to the individual partners.

Otherwise, the two issues will remain completely separate -- with one important exception: if a partner in a legal entity has made a personal guarantee of some debt incurred by the partnership, then the creditor can simply ignore the bankruptcy and attempt to collect from the personal guarantor.

So, there are a few twists and turns here that could change the answer all the way from "no liability" to "total liability."

Let me know if I can clarify anything for you.

NOTICE: My goal here is to entertain while educating the public about the law. I hope my answer is useful and informative to you. During our conversation, the website may ask you to rate my answer. If you rate my answer lower than the middle rating, then the website retains your entire payment, and I receive nothing. It is entirely your choice as to how you rate my answer. However, because your payment to me is in the nature of a donation/gift, rather than as compensation for any services rendered, you are entitled to know how your rating affects the final distribution of your donation.

If you need to contact me again, please put my user id at the beginning of your question ("To Socrateaser"), and the system will send me an alert. Please Click the following link for IMPORTANT LEGAL INFORMATION. Thanks and best wishes!

socrateaser, Attorney
Experience: Retired (mostly)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sir or Madam. My credit card company informs me that I have been charged two fees for this, Please delete one of the charges. It came about when I could not Log In due to some problem with a "Password". Please advise.

Which answer do you believe was more helpful and informative?