Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  30+ yrs. representing small business, real estate, probate
18215332

HEREs the proxy..it got mangled a little by the copy and paste

HERE's the proxy..it got mangled a little by the copy and paste but it is generally a duplicate

COLLEGE CHASE HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION, INC.
BALLOT PROXY
ANNUAL MEETING OCTOBER 11, 2012 6:00 PM

KNOW ALL MEN BY THESE PRESENTS: The undersigned, owner(s), or their voting representative in College Chase Homeowners Association, Inc., hereby constitute and appoint the Secretary of the Association, his designee or
__________________________ ___________________________________ as nominee
and proxy with powers of substitution for and in the name of the undersigned to appear, represent and cast votes only as specifically instructed in reference to the following matters to come before the Annual Meeting of the College Chase Homeowners Association, Inc., to be held on October 11, 2012 at 6:00 PM at the South Shore Regional Library, 15816 Beth Shields Way, Ruskin, Florida,NNN-NN-NNNN

___ GENERAL POWERS I authorize and instruct my proxy to use his or her best judgment on all matters which properly come before the meeting and for which a general power may be used.

____LIMITED POWERS:
There are five (5) positions available.

_____ Gary Perkins __ ____________________ Write In

_____ Karen Preston ___ ____________________Write In

_____ David Preston

____ XXXXX XXXXX

_____ Brenda Hosler ____ _______________________Write In

____ _______________________Write In

SIGNATURE _________________________________________ DATE: ___________

___________________________________________________________
PLEASE PRINT LAST NAME HERE

ADDRESS _________________________________________________

This proxy is revocable by the unit owner and is valid only for the meeting for which it is given and any lawful adjournment. In no event is the proxy valid for more than ninety (90) days from the date of the original meeting for which it was given.
Do you have a question about it? I didn't see one.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I sent you a question before sending the proxy but it sounds like it never made it.

I said.. It took some doing but we did get a list of people that did return the candicacy forms before the 10/1 deadline from the management comapany. We strongly believe that they never intended to send out a proxy and are in bed with some members of the current board to get them reelected.

My Questions:

1.Does the proxy appear to be in order?

2. My understanding is that the proxy is between the homeowner and the proxy holder and does not need blessing by the Board. Is that correct?

3. Our understanding is that the proxy ballot should have been mailed out with the meeting notice. Is that correct ?

Your help is much appreciated!!

Here's the Answer that I sent this a.m. You've probably seen it by now. The proxy is normally sent with the meeting notice. Proxies are automatically voided when the grantor appears at the meeting personally. So ask the management's attorney how he will explain giving out proxies to people at the meeting. That's a bad joke.