tshepardiv
tshepardiv, Attorney
Experience:  I am a licensed attorney practicing in the fields of bankruptcy, litigation, and business services.
71218236

i live in northeaster PA and am trying to start a food concession

i live in northeaster PA and am trying to start a food concession buisiness. i will buy a concession trailer and am negotiating for a permanent site in a grocery store parking lot.if the trailer would need to be hard wired for electric and city water is this within the current zoning laws
Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i can wait ...continue searching

Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a professional for you.

Good morning and thanks for your question.

Zoning laws tend to be site specific. In order to answer your question, you will need to look up how this particular piece of property has been zoned in your city/county. However, I suspect if the there is already a grocery store on the site, zoning would allow power/water for an additional structure.

In the case that the parking lot is not zoned for additional structures, you can always go before the zoning commission and request a variance. Variances allow the zoning board to make an exception to the existing zoning laws and allow you to add water/electric to the site. The zoning board will evaluate your proposed variance based on what is in the best interest of the land.

Thus, you will need to contact the zoning commission to see how the land is currently zoned. If its zoning to allow your structure, then you're good to go. If not, you may need to apply for a variance.

Good luck!

Good luck!

tshepardiv, Attorney
Experience: I am a licensed attorney practicing in the fields of bankruptcy, litigation, and business services.
Did this answer your question?