Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

Our company has been working hard for almost 4 years to develop

Our company has been working hard for almost 4 years to develop an online presence and establish ourselves on a very simple set of principles in the UK and global marketplace. Those are simply, the best products at the best price, with a humble service for the modern world. However a few months ago, we caught the eye of many competitors who started a price war, we resisted... and now loads of websites are claiming that we are scamming people despite having 800+ positive verified reviews on trustpilot. Is that legal? posting fake reviews about competitors and how do we stop it?
It is not legal, but it requires you filing suit against the parties who are making the known false complaints in order for you to get them removed from these websites. These sites all have legal duty to only remove information that they know to be a violation and are not legally liable for what information their users post until they become aware it is illegal information (copyright infringement, trademark infringement or defamation). Thus, to prove this to get an order to remove the comments you would have to sue the person posting the comment for defamation/libel and get a restraining order as part of that suit to remove the feedback. That is the legal way to handle this matter and the only way to get them removed from the site

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

If you did not get all of the information you may have wanted PLEASE USE THE REPLY TO EXPERT LINK IF YOU HAVE FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND NOT THE FEEDBACK BUTTON FOR BAD SERVICE. PLEASE CLICK ON “OK,” “GOOD” or “EXCELLENT” SERVICE. Kindly remember to ONLY rate my answer when you are fully satisfied. If you feel the need to rate anything less than OK, please stop and reply to me via the or REPLY TO EXPERT button with whatever issue or clarification you may need.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT AND BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”