Legalinfomd, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 24 years of experience in business law.

if i accept the sellers offering price for a condo, can he

if i accept the seller's offering price for a condo, can he then counter with a higher price?

Legalinfomd :

Hello. I will answer your question.

Legalinfomd :

If there was an offer, acceptance, and consideration, then a binding contract was formed. The seller cannot then attempt to change the terms of the contract by changing the price.

Legalinfomd :

The offer and acceptance would have to be in the form of a written contract of sale signed by both parties. The consideration would be delivery of a check to the seller for the deposit.

Legalinfomd :

Until a contract is signed and the deposit delivered, the seller is free to revoke his offer by changing the price.

there was an offer and my acceptance and consideration. the condo was on the mls. the seller wants to wait for other bids, but said i could increase my bid. he did not sign the contract.

Legalinfomd :

Then what you have is your offer from you in the form of a contract and deposit check. But until the seller signs the contract, your offer has not been accepted. You may either leave the offer pending for acceptance, or revoke the offer, which must be done in writing.

Legalinfomd :

I hope that this explaination has been helpful (even if it is not what you wanted to hear). Please be sure to leave a positive rating for my response so that I will be paid for my time. Thank you and good luck.