Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.

I currently own a towing company here in southern az. I would

I currently own a towing company here in southern az. I would like find how I can legally start repossessions for finance companies. I have heard that I need to be bonded. I don't understand what all that entails?
Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes please continue

Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a professional for you.
The first thing you would have to do is form your company, which you have already done and obtain your tax ID numbers. You then need to contact your insurance agent regarding bonding. A bond is an insurance type policy and it covers you for any type of damages or any other type of suit against you. You also need to get licensed with the AZ Department of Public Safety as private investigators, since part of the repossession business involves skip tracing of debtors for your customers. Also, because you may have to collect money for your clients, you will have to apply to be licensed with the Arizona Department of Financial Institutions as well.

These are the licenses that you need to set up your repo company.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

If you did not get all of the information you may have wanted PLEASE USE THE REPLY TO EXPERT LINK IF YOU HAVE FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND NOT THE FEEDBACK BUTTON FOR BAD SERVICE. PLEASE CLICK ON “OK,” “GOOD” or “EXCELLENT” SERVICE. Kindly remember to ONLY rate my answer when you are fully satisfied. If you feel the need to rate anything less than OK, please stop and reply to me via the or REPLY TO EXPERT button with whatever issue or clarification you may need.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience: All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.