do you know if I can open a business checking account in another state? outside of where my company is legally set up?
Thank you. Is there any way I can open a business bank account without my name on it? Or can I list only as a "signer"?
Kirk, I have more questions for you regarding the LLC. I went to set up a new LLC through Legal Zoom.
1. Do you know if Legal Zoom is legitimate?
2. One question is "who should be listed as a contact for the IRS to contact if they have questions on my LLC application or EIN #. I want to remain anonymous from the LLC so how can I provide this?
3. How should I manage taxes and employees as a pass through entity or corporation?
4. Who will the representative be that is registered with the state for PA sls tax? Again how can I avoid this as an anonymous owner?
5. Legal Zoom provides something called Registered agent. They said
this protects my anonymity. Is this true?
Legal Zoom said they can be listed as the registered agent. Should I feel comfortable with this?
Also, paperwork is sent to a specific address on file. If I list my personal address for the LLC and the business gets sued down the line is my house in danger of liens etc.
But I'm not using a po box rather my home physical mailing address.
DISCLAIMER: Answers from Experts on JustAnswer are not substitutes for the advice of an attorney. JustAnswer is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Expert above is not your attorney, and the response above is not legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains.
The responses above are from individual Experts, not JustAnswer. The site and services are provided “as is”. To view the verified credential of an Expert, click on the “Verified” symbol in the Expert’s profile. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service (last updated February 8, 2012).