Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I have an LLC and am being sued over a contract when I was

I have an LLC and am being sued over a contract when I was a sole proprietor. I've purchased some items for my LLC, such as computers and the likes. In a bankruptcy, can items purchased for use in the LLC be seized as assets in a civil sole proprietorship debt?
Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Business litigation attorney.

An LLC is a separate legal entity, so anything purchased by the LLC should not be considered property of the sole proprietorship, and therefore, should not be considered property of the sole proprietorship
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am a jack of all trades and sell coins, perform web development, sell scrapped computer parts and various other things. What I am getting to is, can I claim seemingly unrelated items as a part of the businesses property? I assume I have to prove the purchase was after the formation of the LLC as well for the bankruptcy ... ?

You would have to prove that the property was purchased and used for the LLC in order to claim it is business property of the LLC. Yes, anything after the purchase of the LLC would be possible to claim, but anything before would be a hard sell.