Law Pro, Attorney
Experience:  20 years experience in business law - sole proprietor, partnership, and corporations
11688690

I am a resident of California. I have a small business that

Customer Question

I am a resident of California. I have a small business that I have started. I am a sole proprietor. I am still in the process of getting my website ready. My website will be my main source of advertising, but I will be doing other types as well.
I am an Ayurvedic Practitioner. Ayurveda is a medical science that comes from India. I will be working with people who have all types of imbalances, some mild and some more chronic. I make recommendations for diet, lifestyle, yoga poses, breathing techniques and herbs. I make and dispense herbs as well.

I was on a website the other day and saw that they had a disclaimer on the bottom. I want to put a disclaimer on my site or something like it. I was thinking of just putting something on the top of my list of services, but am not sure if that is correct. I know it needs to be worded a certain way. I have started working on it and I want to know if it is done properly or if there are other things I need to do.
Basically the disclaimer is so people understand what my scope of practice is. I want people to know that I can assist them, but also that I am not an M.D. and that I neither diagnose disease nor treat it. I treat stress. Now speaking frankly. The science of Ayurveda is a stand alone science and is very capable of treating any disease for that matter in terms of how we look approach disease in the West. But the reality is really that Ayurveda focuses on qualities, not diseases. Two people can have the same disease but might not be helped if the approach is the same. In any case, since I am not a M.D. I won't be treating diagnosed diseases. I treat the stress factors causing the symptoms in the first place. So for me, it is about treating the things causing problems to arise in the first place. But I just wanted to make sure I explained that Ayurveda is not some second rate science. This is the land of western medicine. It makes it clear that diagnosing is for M.D.'s. Below is what I have typed up to put on my site

My scope of practice:
 I am an Ayurvedic Practitioner.
 I practice Ayurveda.
 I do not practice Western Medicine, I am not an M.D.
 I do not diagnose disease

During your appointments with me, we will be discussing your concerns, symptoms and progress. I will be interpreting the information provided by you as well as my own observations based on Ayurvedic Principles. Ayurveda is a medical science. One of the oldest and effective medical sciences on the planet. We will focus on your symptoms and their qualities, so that I can make recommendations that help you move back to or closer to balance. Another way of explaining this, is to say that I will be assisting you in reducing stress and removing or reducing stress factors. Below you will find a list of the services I offer. Sometimes specific diseases will be mentioned. This is purely meant as a guide for you. It is my intention to make it clear that I cannot guarantee success nor am I treating your medically diagnosed disease. I am, treating the stress that is causing symptoms to show up. Like cutting the roots so the weed doesn’t continue to grow or turning off the tap so the water stops spilling out of the sink. That is what I do as an Ayurvedic Practitioner. Prevention and maintenance of stress. I just want to make this clear to you. Namaste
Category: Business Law
Expert:  MDLaw replied 2 years ago.
Are you asking for someone to help you draft your disclaimer? If so, that is beyond the scope of this site since experts are prohibiting from giving legal advice or providing legal services for JA customers.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes. I am asking for that. Whom do you suggest I ask to help me with that?

Expert:  MDLaw replied 2 years ago.
You would need to hire an attorney in your area where you live. You can contact the CA Bar Association for a referral.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thank you

Expert:  MDLaw replied 2 years ago.
welcome