WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced business lawyer.
62735101

I filed bankrupcy in july 2011, the lawyer who oversaw the

I filed bankrupcy in july 2011, the lawyer who oversaw the case is now naming himself excecotor of my estate. I would like to know if this is a normal thing or could it be called harrasment? thank You
If you mean executor of your bankruptcy estate, that would be a conflict of interest. It is a conflict of interest if he represents the creditors in the bankruptcy, because they are adverse to you. Tell him to withdraw, or you will report it to the court and the Montana state bar.

If he is the executor of your estate under your will, upon your death, you can control who that is. He doesn't have a right to appoint himself to that. You would decide who that is, and tell him he is dismissed. Do it in writing so that there is not a question in the future.

Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.
Please review the answer I have given you and rate it a 3, 4 or 5.

If you need anything else for this answer, please hit the reply button.

Please let me know if I can help you with any other questions. Just put my name WiseOwl 58-- in the first line and I will get it and answer right away.

All the best to you.
Hello, Dwayne:

All the best to you.

All the best to you.
Dear Dwayne:

All the best to you.

All the best to you.