WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced business lawyer.
62735101

American Express I lost my wallet containging $500

Customer Question

American Express
I lost my wallet containging $500 plus. and most credit cards, My net pension is $1837. American Express bill of $1563 due September 24. Apartment rent $818. due September 7. Get $1180 in ssa and $1869 pension when my new MVB id arrive by October 1.

I do not think one creditor cares about another creditor. Should I pay on October 1 via FedEx. Would calling American Express do any good? If so, what approach do I use?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 1 year ago.
I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your wallet, and the financial loss and all the aggravation you are going through as a result of the lost wallet.

Yes, it would definitely be helpful to call American Express. If you explain the situation to them, if you have a decent payment history with them, they will give you an automatic extension under the circumstances. I used to work for American Express so I know how they operate.

If you tell them exactly what happened, and most importantly, make an agreement to pay by a certain date, they will waive the late fees and interest. They will give you the extension, and when you get the funds in hand and your new license, send the money to them. They will probably give you an extension long enough so you don't have to pay for a FEDEX on top of all of this, or if you are near an Amex office, you can bring in the payment for same day credit.

Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.
WiseOwl58, Attorney
Experience: Experienced business lawyer.
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 1 year ago.
Dear Gerald:

Please let me know if I can help you with any other questions.

Just put my name Wise Owl in the first line of the question and I will get it and answer right away.

All the best to you.
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if I can help you with any other questions. Just put my name WiseOwl 58-- in the first line and I will get it and answer right away.

All the best to you.
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 1 year ago.
Dear Gerald:

All the best to you.