Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney
Experience:  30 years of corporate, litigation and international law

Where can I find case law (Ohio or Federal) that favors the

Where can I find case law (Ohio or Federal) that favors the consumer involving credit card debt?

I ordered a credit card on behalf of a small business, LLC, and never signed for it, but used it solely for the corporation, but received a judgement against me. I want to file an appeal, Pro Se, and I need case law that favors my opinion. Can you please find some case law that protects a person in a situation like this?

bizlaw :

When you say you did not sign for the card are you saying the application for the card was not signed in any form at all? Also, did the application have a separate place for you to sign as guarantor?

bizlaw :

If you are sued as a guarantor, the agreement is unenforceable if not in writing and signed by the party to be charged. Ohio Revised Code 1335.05.

If you need further help please do not rate 2 stars/faces "Helped a little" or 1 star/face "I expected more".This is considered a negative rating against me.

Just reply to me via the "CONTINUE CONVERSATION" or "REPLY" button with the questions you have as I receive no compensation for my efforts for the lowest two ratings.

Please keep in mind that I am trying to help you understand and resolve your situation. I don't make the laws, I am just reporting or interpreting them, so the outcome may not be what you had hoped for.

If this answer is responsive to your question, please accept it by giving a three stars/faces or higher . That is how we are compensated. I would also be appreciated if you provided feed back on your view of the answer. Finally, if the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus. If I can be of further assistance or you have other questions in the future you can ask for me and reach me at this site.

This communication is not intended as legal advice. A local attorney should always be consulted for legal advice. No client/attorney relationship is intended or created by this communication

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am sorry it has taken so long to get back to you.

I will give you a good rating, because you did help a lot, but I still need to know if there is any case law that protects the consumer from a business card ordered for the LLC a consumer owns.

No, the card was never signed. There was no application produced in discovery - just a template the company (american express) said they issue. But the court ruled I was responsible