Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney
Experience:  30 years of corporate, litigation and international law
18695994

Do I need FCC approval to import consumer electronics from

Do I need FCC approval to import consumer electronics from China?

bizlaw :

The products you import if they involve any type of radio frequency have to meet FCC standards. The certification of compliance with FCC regulations is something obtained by the manufacturer. Here is a link that discusses the issue. http://www.amlinkint.com/English/compliance/testing-us-fcc.html If for any reason the manufacturer has not obtained the necessary certifications, you will have to work with them to get the certifications.

If you need further help please do not rate 2 stars/faces "Helped a little" or 1 star/face "I expected more".This is considered a negative rating against me.

Just reply to me via the "CONTINUE CONVERSATION" or "REPLY" button with the questions you have as I receive no compensation for my efforts for the lowest two ratings.

Please keep in mind that I am trying to help you understand and resolve your situation. I don't make the laws, I am just reporting or interpreting them, so the outcome may not be what you had hoped for.

If this answer is responsive to your question, please accept it by giving a three stars/faces or higher . That is how we are compensated. I would also be appreciated if you provided feed back on your view of the answer. Finally, if the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus. If I can be of further assistance or you have other questions in the future you can ask for me and reach me at this site.

This communication is not intended as legal advice. A local attorney should always be consulted for legal advice. No client/attorney relationship is intended or created by this communication

Customer:

This is great thanks for the help... One more question... in order to establish this business will a DBA- partnership suffice? Or would you reccomend another type?