Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
9968427

If there are 3 equal partners and 2 of them want 1 out of the

If there are 3 equal partners and 2 of them want 1 out of the practice what should they do?
*Nothing herein is intended as legal advice, only intended as general information to better help yourself.*

My name is FiveStarLaw. I am a Florida licensed attorney.

To assist me in answering your question, please tell me:
1. Do you have a written partnership agreement addressing dissolution?
2. Is this a corporation, a partnership or some other form of business entity

Thanks!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

1. there is no written agreement but the pllc is registered under the 33.3%, the bank acct is under the 33.3% and we have over a year of minutes that reflect the partnership 33.3% outilne and structure

2. the company is an PLLC

Thank you for your response. I shall strive to provide you with legal information. Please remember that my answers are information only and do not form an attorney/client relationship.

If at any time the information which I provide is not clear to you or does not fully answer your question, please ask me for clarification by using the reply button. When we are done, please take a moment to click the rating tab to rate my work. My goal is EXCELLENT and I hope your rating reflects that.

You will want to take a look at the articles of organization date you filed with the State of Florida when you opened the PLLC to verify that the partners did not agree to special rules regarding dissolution.

Absent an agreement to the contrary, the PLLC can be dissolved upon majority vote. Therefore the 2 partners can force a dissolution of the PLLC. The 2 partners can then open a new PLLC that does not include the 3rd partner.

I think this is what you wanted to know. Please let me know if I have answered your question or whether you would like further information
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
How do i change a Pllc to an Llc ?
Typically a PLLC can be converted to an LLC by filing an amendment with the Secretary of State

I think this is what you wanted to know. Please let me know if I have answered your question or whether you would like further information.