MShore Law
MShore Law, Attorney
Experience:  Drafted Negotiated and/or Reviewed Thousands of Commercial Agreements

I recieved a letter from a lawyer in calif.who says he represents

I recieved a letter from a lawyer in calif.who say's he represents hometips. A home improvement website. It says I have infringed on home tips copy rights by having a picture on my site that my web designer found somewhere. It looks exactly the same. I live and do business as an electrical contractor in Phoenix AZ. They are demanding I remove the picture and send them $750.00 withen 30 days. My site is 5 years old. What should I do. Can this be done by a lawer from another state. is there a statute of limitations on internet content.
Thank you for the post, I am happy to assist you by answering your questions. There is a statute of limitations on copyright infringement,it is three years from the earlier date of when the infringement was discovered or should have been discovered. You should consider offering a reasonable settlement, from your description they have a valid claim against you. Please let me know if you have any follow up questions.