Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  30+ yrs. representing small business, real estate, probate

I had over $32,000 in medical bills doe to an auto accident,

I had over $32,000 in medical bills doe to an auto accident, they were only insured to $25,000, I thought that they had to pay all the medical bills the insurance company is says they only have to pay the $25,000

Good morning granny: You are correct that the party at fault must pay all of your damages; however their insurance company only has to pay up to the limits of its policy, which unfortunately is only $25,000. The rest will have to be collected from the other person. There is such a thing as "Underinsured Motorist" coverage which a person can buy as part of their own auto insurance coverage. If you have that coverage, that should pick up the balance of your claim. Check with your insurance agent, and if you have it, contact an attorney who will take the case just for a percentage (usually 1/3 of the settlement over & above $25k. No retainer fee should be necessary.

I have answered your question. Please click on a 3,4,or 5 rating so that I will be compensated. If you are not satisfied with this answer, please send me a Reply with what you feel is wrong with the answer and what additional information you are seeking.
Clicking on number 1 or 2 is not necessary. Simply click on Reply and ask for further information or explanation. BONUSES for quick and helpful responses are very appreciated. If you have additional questions, I would be happy to assist, but as a courtesy I respectfully XXXXX XXXXX rating for the original question before you branch off into other new questions.
Also, this answer does not create an attorney client relationship and you are urged to consult a local attorney to verify the accuracy of this answer according to your state's laws and local customs and practice.