Franklin
Franklin, Attorney
Experience:  Clients consistently recommend my excellent service.
69662557

Im sure I fell for a Premier Mentoring Scam. I feel really

I'm sure I fell for a Premier Mentoring Scam. I feel really stupid and I was for falling for it. Are you familiar with this and am I proverbially screwed? Is there anything I can do to get my money back?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Franklin replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX U.S. immigration and business attorney, and I'll be happy to assist you today.

I'm sorry to hear about your unfortunate situation. Do you mind providing some more details, and where you reside, if you don't mind me asking?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I live in Texas. Premier Mentoring is an online business to coach how to build a business with a web site. Google them and that might answer a lot of your questions. I really don't know where else to start without some specific questions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thought I already responded. I live in Texas. This program is an on line business coaching program to get a web page up for business. Just google Premier mentoring and you'll probably get more answers to your questions outside of calling me.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can't tell what is going on. Guess you're still working on my question.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
"Hi, Franklin" I can't tell what is going on. Are you still working on my question?
Expert:  Franklin replied 2 years ago.
Good afternoon,

I apologize for the slow response. I just received your replies now. I'll have an answer for you shortly. It appears I'm having some site issues on my end.
Expert:  replied 2 years ago.
Good afternoon,

Thank you for your patience. I've been having site issues all day, and I needed to clear my questions in the order they were received.

Yes, I'm very familiar with the Premier "scam." I used to drive through Utah and Lockhart, Texas, quite a bit. The scam was very prevalent in those areas.

The questions that I initially asked you about were about whether or not it was in your best interest to take further action, i.e., whether it's "worth it" to try to go after Premier. In law, we're always faced with the difficult question of whether going after a wrongdoer at great personal expense to ourselves is "worth it" in the long run. Unfortunately, due to the way the legal system is structured, and the high costs of lawyers and other legal fees, usually the answer is no.

The second part of the question that I asked, regarding where you live, was because I wanted to determine whether or not you lived in a state with strong consumer protection laws, or whether you lived in a state with strong business protection laws. Fortunately, Texas has a good mixture of both, but tends to protect its own, so if you decide to pursue legal action, the law is on your side.

In your case, you'll essentially have to make a hard decision about how much you'd like to pursue further action, particularly legal action. Some might look at it in terms of "money and time lost already," i.e., "I've already lost several thousand to this scam, I might as well spend some more time and money trying to get it back." Others might look at it in terms of "money and time to be spent," i.e., "I've already lost enough time and money to this scam. I'm not going to waste any more." The view you take is basically a personal choice on your part.

Any form of legal action or discovery will most likely cost you several thousand dollars, and there may or may not be a chance of recovery at the end. If you decide not to pursue any action, then your journey ends here, and you are, as you put it, "proverbially screwed." There's almost no chance that the company itself will give you a refund without legal action.

However, there are actions that you can take that don't involve legal action that you may be interested in. The two main actions that you can take are 1. reporting the company to the FTC, which handles allegations of consumer fraud, and may pursue action against the company on their own, and 2. reporting the company to the Better Business Bureau, which posts reports of dishonest companies so that future customers will be warned away. If you're located in Texas, then you'll probably be reporting this information to the FTC's Atlanta office, and your local BBB.

If you have additional questions, feel free to privately message me, because I know this may be a sensitive issue.

I hope that my answer was helpful to you today. Please take a moment to accept my service. We experts depend on positive ratings to continue helping out, so thank you in advance for your support. (And bonuses are always appreciated!)
Franklin, Attorney
Experience: Clients consistently recommend my excellent service.
Expert:  Franklin replied 2 years ago.
Good morning, I hope your questions have been answered. We experts depend on positive ratings to continue offering our services in this low-cost format. I appreciate your positive support in advance.