Franklin, Attorney
Experience:  Clients consistently recommend my excellent service.

Emailing someone (The Recipient) a One-Way NDA...1) It

Emailing someone (The Recipient) a One-Way NDA...

1) Is it legally binding if The Recipient scans and emails it back? Or do I legally need to obtain the originals as well?

2) Should the following clause be added at the end of the NDA?
     Is this the correct legal wording/format for such a clause?
     Is there more appropriate wording?

2.9 Signatures. Faxed, scanned, emailed, and electronic signatures to this document shall have the same force and effect as original signatures.

3) If I want to specify a specific Project in the NDA, but not limit the NDA to just that one project, should I add the text in parentheses below?
     Is this the correct legal wording?
     Should it be phrased any other way?

Disclosing Party and Recipient are engaged in discussions related to a prospective or current business relationship between the parties, (including but not limited to Project A.)

4) Is it legally binding if only The Recipient signs the NDA? (the NDA I have only has fields for the Recipient to sign)

5) Can I add "email" and "phone number" as fields for Recipient to fill out at end of NDA? Please see below:

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the Recipient hereto has executed this Agreement as of the date set forth below.

Phone Number:_________

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX U.S. immigration and business attorney, and I'll be happy to assist you today.

Here are the answers to your questions:

1. Yes, the NDA is legally binding if the recipient scans and emails ti back. You do not legally need to obtain the originals, but the originals will help prove authenticity of the agreement, should it come to that at a later date. You can simply instruct the receipt to mail back the original NDA as well as emailing a scanned copy.

2. The following clause isn't necessary, but it can be added. It is correctly worded.

3. Yes, it is legally binding if only the recipient signs the NDA. Most NDA agreements only have a field for the recipient's signature.

4. Here's a better wording of the clause:

"Disclosing Party and Recipient are engaged in ongoing business discussions, including, but not limited to, Project A."

I hope that my answer was helpful to you today. Please take a moment to accept my service. We experts depend on positive ratings to continue helping out, so thank you in advance for your support. (And bonuses are always appreciated!)
I apologize. I must have viewed an old version of this question.

Please reverse number 3 and 4 above.

5. Yes, you may add any fields that you require, and they will become a part of the document.
I sincerely enjoyed answering your questions on If you have any more questions, or would like to follow-up, feel free to stop by and chat. To request me in the future, simply write "Hi, Franklin" before your question.

Have a great day!