Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

Hello Paul! My question concerns the recent suit you and I

Hello Paul! Hope all is well! My question concerns the recent suit you and I discussed in which I was included but then released by the court. The OLD Corporation was issued a judgment against it and my Attorney pulled the Jury statement today. The reason he had to pull it was because the State site showed the judgement against the OLD Corp and DBA plus two AKA's. One of the AKA's named was actually NOT an AKA but rather the dba of the newer company which was also closed last June through an Asset Purchase Agreement to a company I have no interest in. My Attorney told me that he has to see the Judge next week since the Court Reporter told him that the reason the State site shows 4 entries is because of the way the Atty for Plaintiff listed all names, regardless if they were related or not. We did not care about the old company having a judgement issued as it was defunct. Thus my question is this. Even if the Plaintiff Atty listed the newer company as an AKA of the Corporation listed in the suit, am I correct that regardless of what the State site or the Court Reporter says, the newer company was NEVER an AKA and no document would show that "ever". Thus, the newer company they listed as an AKA which never was, must be released. Correct. Even though the newer company was ultimately sold because I repossessed its assets (I had a UCC) and then sold my repossessed assets elsewhere according to guidance from counsel. Am I correct in my thinking? Thanks Paul
You and your attorney are correct, if the plaintiff listed it wrong you attorney can get the court to correct the pleading so it can be corrected in the computer system. The attorney would be able to have the pleading corrected by having that AKA stricken from the records.

I hope you found my answer helpful, but please understand that if you did not get all of the information you may have wanted PLEASE USE THE REPLY TO EXPERT LINK IF YOU HAVE FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND NOT THE FEEDBACK BUTTON FOR BAD SERVICE. PLEASE CLICK ON “OK,” “GOOD” or “EXCELLENT” SERVICE. Kindly remember to ONLY rate my answer when you are fully satisfied. If you feel the need to rate anything less than OK, please stop and reply to me via the or REPLY TO EXPERT button with whatever issue or clarification you may need.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL, LEGAL ANSWERS TAKE MORE THAN “MINUTES” TO PUT TOGETHER AS WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT IT WILL BE MORE THAN “MINUTES” IN SOME CASES BEFORE YOU GET A RESPONSE, BUT BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
As always Paul...you are extremely helpful. I will remain a faithful follower. Thanks always for your help. Reply and I will accept.
Thank you very much.