Legalease
Legalease, Attorney
Experience:  14 years experience corps, LLC's and partnerships; preparation, negotiation of complex contracts and business agreements
20355756

1. Do you have a sample contract in dealing with a Chinese

1. Do you have a sample contract in dealing with a Chinese import export company based in China?
We have a draft contract prepared by a Chinese company accepting our quotation to build 60 pressure vessels in our machine shop. The contract is prepared in both english and Chinese. It is a short and to the point contract. They have requested that we can make changes and create a final contract.
2.Do you have any experience in international trade contracts with China?
We would like to add a few clauses to the contract that protect us from any unknown tariffs, and also wording to include freight charges for all the logistics involved in shipping a 40ft container from houston to the Port in L.A, and then on to Ho Chi Minh Port in Vietnam.
3.Can we just prepare a final contract in English and request that they re-write the final contract in English and Chinese per our changes? Do you forsee any problems in doing so?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find a professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am still waiting for an answer.

thanks

Tom

Expert:  Fran-mod replied 2 years ago.
Sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly.
Expert:  Legalease replied 2 years ago.

Hello Tom --

-

I apologize for the delay in answering but this has been opened and reviewed by many attorneys and not answered because we at Just Answer simply cannot provide you with contracts or clauses for contracts for you to use in this business venture. You see, we are not permitted to act as your attorney in any capacity and this is just a question and answer website that is really for educational purposes only. What you are requesting should be taken to a local experienced business attorney (and not just any attorney will do -- there are a lot of attorneys out there but there are only a few with this type of specialized knowledge in international contracts). Your best bet is to contact the bar association in your nearest large city and ask for a referral through the bar association to several lawyers in your area that handle international business contracts of this nature -- then you can speak with those lawyers and decide which one has the experience that you need for the price that you want to pay. I wish that we could be of further assistance here, but we can only do so much and what you are asking is a bit beyond what we are permitted to do.

--

I wish you the best of luck on this.

--

MARY

Legalease, Attorney
Experience: 14 years experience corps, LLC's and partnerships; preparation, negotiation of complex contracts and business agreements