I would sit still until and do nothing until she decides she wants her car; maybe the answer will present itself. But be careful being too stingy with the husband/lawyer. If the matter escalates and a lawsuit is filed it could cost you alot more than the cost of the part to get a lawyer and defend yourself. I understand you are angry, but don't let that anger cost you real money. You could be right and broke.
if we need it moved out of the bay, are we accepting responsibility if we move it to another spot on lot? so we can use the work space,its knid of prime real estate. we are not angry at all we just need to be done with it.
just dont want to move vehicle over 35 feet and them say we did something to it. it is not driveable at all
I think you can move it. They are going to say you did something, but that is not going to matter awhole lot. How much did the part cost?
They probably will say you did something even if you don't move it. There will be no consequences to that, I don't think.
2632.41 and that is us making aprox 200.00 was not expecting such a big problem we gave them part number to look up and there was a update to ecu and old number obsolete even offered to show invoice it was a ecm and was programmed after fist discussion and is not returnable now other wise we would and just walk away
their is a lienholder on vehicle when or should we notify them.......in texas it is 30 Days abandoned rule if we have our sign posted, shoulw be we proceed with cerftified letter?
I am out of my element on Texas MV lien law. Sorry....
I might try to call the husband and discuss a reasonable solution before getting really aggressive. The solution may be easier if the part has some salvage value, or if he still needs the car fixed. It may be that he wants the car fixed and is waiting until he has $3k to pay for it....That is what it feels like to me.
well now with this unit i have two lawyers sending letters of representation....who am i supposed to talk to ? i sent certified letter stating unit needs picked up and paid but customer has made no effort other than having three lawyers try and tell us to just release without being paid.....
lawyer statement admitts to authorizing us to diagnose and trouble shoot unit but still dont know what to do.maybe best to just contact leinholder? please help or find someone who can thanks
DISCLAIMER: Answers from Experts on JustAnswer are not substitutes for the advice of an attorney. JustAnswer is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Expert above is not your attorney, and the response above is not legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains.
The responses above are from individual Experts, not JustAnswer. The site and services are provided “as is”. To view the verified credential of an Expert, click on the “Verified” symbol in the Expert’s profile. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service (last updated February 8, 2012).