Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney
Experience:  Helping you with your legal questions.
68302747

Hi There,About 10 years ago I bought some shares

Hi There, About 10 years ago I bought some shares in a company called FortuneGaming.com. I never received any share certificates and after a while assumed that I had been duped and moved on. The last I heard was that the company was bought out by another company called Austen Medical. From time to time I get calls from strange sounding "Legal Firms" or "Brokers" promising me thousands of USD payment for there "non-performing" shares. Somehow my name is XXXXX XXXXX the USA as still owning these shares giving people access to me making these promises. How can I find out if these shares actually exist and if they are of any value at all? Best Regards, XXXXX XXXXX
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 2 years ago.
Hi Mike: Welcome!

I am happy to help you. If you need clarification with this answer, hit reply and ask a follow up question prior to providing a rating. Otherwise, after reviewing the answer, please provide a positive rating so I receive credit for the services I am providing you.

If you are receiving solicitations to purchase your stock, then there could be a chance that you still own stock in the company. You need to contact the transfer agent.

Companies that have publicly traded securities typically use transfer agents to keep track of the individuals and entities that own their stocks and bonds. Most transfer agents are banks or trust companies, but sometimes a company acts as its own transfer agent.

In many cases, you can find out which transfer agent a company uses by visiting the investor relations section of the company’s website. You also can use the website of the Securities Transfer Association, a private trade organization of transfer agents. The STA provides general information about the functions of transfer agents. Please note that the STA is not equipped to respond to individual inquiries via the telephone, mail, or e-mail. Shareholders with any transfer related inquiries would be best served by speaking to the transfer agent or issuer for the security in question, or their broker-dealer.

Feel free to ask follow up questions before providing a rating. This information provided to you is informative and helpful. If you need clarification, feel free to hit reply so we can work on any clarification prior to providing a rating. Otherwise, please provide a positive rating now without an additional cost to you so I receive credit for the services I am providing to you. I am doing my best to help you. Thank you, Damien
Damien Bosco, Attorney
Experience: Helping you with your legal questions.
Hi Mike,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,
Damien Bosco
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks so much...I have contacted Austin Medical to try and find out who their transfer agent is. It seems that there is no other way to find out who the transfer agent is?
Hi Mike: Thank you for the positive rating. You can try to get more information at the Securities Transfer Association website, http://www.stai.org. Or maybe a quicker why is to contact a broker. If you have a broker, you can call your broker and discuss the issue with the broker. Or if you do not have a broker, try some place like Charles Schwab and tell them the situation. The broker(s) may have information on Austin Medical. I hope this helps. Thanks, Damien
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks...I did check with www.stai.org and they told me to contact Austins Medical's transfer Agent. Just sent an e mail to Charles Shwab.
Hi Mike: Ok. Great. Hope that Schwab and also Austin Medical get back to you. Take care, Damien
Damien Bosco, Attorney
Hi Mike,

Let me know,
Damien Bosco