Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.

I am a freelance web developer, just joined an ecommerce company

Customer Question

I am a freelance web developer, just joined an ecommerce company as a developer and signed a Non-compete agreement. Does this mean I cant do web development anymore?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  MDLaw replied 4 years ago.
What does the non-compete say?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
"As an employee of the Company, you will be expected to abide by the Company’s rules andregulations, acknowledge in writing that you have read and will comply with the Company’sCode of Business Conduct and the Company’s Employee Policy Guidelines. As a conditionof your employment, you will be required to sign and comply with the Company’s form ofEmployee Agreement, which includes a prohibition on the unauthorized use or disclosureof the Company’s confidential or proprietary information, a prohibition against engaging incompetitive activities or soliciting employees of the Company during, and for one year afterthe end of, your employment with the Company, and provisions acknowledging the Company’sownership in, and assigning to the Company all rights to, any inventions developed by youduring your employment with the Company."
Expert:  MDLaw replied 4 years ago.
Is that the entire agreement? It seems to mention an actual separate agreement.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
You are correct, I do not have any information on that.
Expert:  MDLaw replied 4 years ago.
I can't answer your question without having that information.