Attorney Arcadier
Attorney Arcadier, Attorney
Experience:  Contract questions and Incorporation questions answered.
63302635

Hi, I had a video spokesperson done for my website. I have

Customer Question

I had a video spokesperson done for my website. I have found another website that has a very similar video spokesperson on their website. I am in Canada and they are in America - is there any type of intellectual property laws that come into play here? Do you have to copyright things such as video on your website? or is it copyrighted just by saying everything on this website is copy right at the bottom?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Attorney Arcadier replied 4 years ago.

Attorney Arcadier : To properly copyright content, it must be submitted to library of congress. If the proper process is not used, then materials are still considered copyrighted if you can prove authenticity, original material, and be able to prove you were the first one producing the material. If someone reproduces your original material or significantly plagerizes from it, then you can have a copyright infringement claim.