How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Attorney Arcadier Your Own Question
Attorney Arcadier
Attorney Arcadier, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 1106
Experience:  Contract questions and Incorporation questions answered.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Attorney Arcadier is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I want to shut a C Corp of which I am majority stockholder.

This answer was rated:

I want to shut a C Corp of which I am majority stockholder. There is a loan from S Corp, of which I am only stockholder, contributed capital from me and a loss carryforward. C has some cash but not enough to pay S loan. What now ?
How many stockholders are there in C Corp. Did you all execute a shareholder agreement?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes, every aspect was documented by attorney and accountant
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Two stockholders, not related, all aspects were documented by attorney.
Well, you need to follow the shareholder agreement which should delineate how to dissolve and distribute assets, pay back loan, etc.
Attorney Arcadier and 2 other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you