Attorney Arcadier
Attorney Arcadier, Attorney
Experience:  Contract questions and Incorporation questions answered.

Hi, I have a pending invoice of 15938,55 euros with tekTrans

Hi, I have a pending invoice of 15938,55 euros with tekTrans Madrid, which is due tomorrow, but they seem to be usual bad payers and don't show any concern when i raise the question of being payed;.... what should I do??? Gaelle

Attorney Arcadier : Move them to cash on delivery for future orders. If they dont pay you tomorrow, you can continue to ask for money or sue them to force them to pay timely.

Thanks for that but i already know, so, there is nothing more I can do? I already asked for cash on delivery for some other jobs but they answer this: what if our own client doesn't pay us? ... We would have paid for nothing.....

Attorney Arcadier : You also already know this, but you may want to find new customers. Their response is unreasonable. The answer is that if their customer does not pay them, that is the cost of doing business for them and they need to set the proper process in place for they to get paid from their customer and you from yours. You should put an ultimatum, cash on delivery or you stop doing business with them; otherwise you are certain to loose at some point.