Attorney Arcadier
Attorney Arcadier, Attorney
Experience:  Contract questions and Incorporation questions answered.

Employer promised to file H1B but didnt

Hi, I'm a F1 Student in this country-USA. Wipro employer has hired me and promised me that he will file H1B visa for me but he didn't. I was in OPT status and It got expired on May 9th. Now I'm jobless just because of my employer. How can I proceed legally against him?

Attorney Arcadier : If you have a contract that your employer signed that promised you that employer would file for your h1b visa application, then you can sue your employer for breach of contract.
Attorney Arcadier : You would hire an attorney to represent you or to otherwise help you with the filing of the breach of contract complaint.

Actually it is not written in the employment agreement letter but they have delayed filing H1B. They have filed LCA incorrectly and delayed whole process because of their carelessness. I have email proofs also. I have the application number in the Wipro system where they accepted to file H1B for me. Can you suggest me from where I can get a lawyer?

Hey are you there?

Hey you just went offline without realising that I might have more questions.This is really bad....

Attorney Arcadier : it is common for us to go in and out of chats. Please be patient.
Attorney Arcadier : Best place to find a lawyer is at Best if you can find an attorney that specializes in both immigration and contract law.