Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

hello i have new question for you. I did started civicl

hello i have new question for you. I did started civicl case justice court suit against the company which repossessed the suv from my customer. Today i received a sertifed mail from the attorney who represent the title loan company. The attorney requested jury trial and requested me to disclose information on this case.
i guess i have to respond via certifed mail to the attroney with in 30 days.
Please explain why did the attroney decied to use jury trial ? Were is difference between regular court hearing with a judge and a jury trial ?
Do i have to send a copy of my respond to the court as well via certified mail ?
i also recieved an email with a copy of all paperwork which title loan company has on this car. it shows that they loaned the title on 06/22/2011 and the actual lien was placed on the title 5 months after on 11/15/20022 whats why they didint get my certified mail as previose lien holder on file got it.
Either party has a right to select jury trial. Why the other attorney selected jury trial I do not know except to preserve the right and they can always change their mind later. The only difference in a jury trial is that the jury and not the judge looks at the facts and evidence and makes the determination of who is right and who is wrong.

You do have to make your initial disclosures to the title company attorney and you can send it certified mail just like they sent you the certified mail. You need to check with your local court clerk about filing discovery since each county court has their own rules about filing discovery responses with the court, most do not want it filed and very few do.

I hope you found my answer helpful, but please understand that if you did not get all of the information you may have wanted PLEASE USE THE REPLY BUTTON IF YOU HAVE FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND NOT THE FEEDBACK BUTTON FOR BAD SERVICE. PLEASE CLICK ON “OK,” “GOOD” or “GREAT” SERVICE. Kindly remember to ONLY rate my answer when you are fully satisfied. If you feel the need to rate anything less than OK, please stop and reply to me via the or REPLY TO EXPERT button with whatever issue or clarification you may need.

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL, LEGAL ANSWERS TAKE MORE THAN “MINUTES” TO PUT TOGETHER AS WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT IT WILL BE MORE THAN “MINUTES” IN SOME CASES BEFORE YOU GET A RESPONSE, BUT BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
what exactly do i need to disclose ? all the info i have on it ? all the legal theories ? all the factual bases of my complaint ?

Letter says :
"Responding party need not marshall all evidence that may be offered at trial "
what does that mean ? i have to provide all the evidence or not ?

Letter says
response:
"any indemnity and insuring agreements described in rule 192.3(f)"

response:
"any settlement agreements described in rule 192.3(g")

what is rule 192.3 and how should i respond to that ?
Here are the Texas Rules of Civil Procedure, you will need these if you are going to continue pro se. Rule 192.3 is the rule on the scope of discovery and what you have to produce. It means you do not have to submit all of your evidence that you have, just what they are asking for and what is called for under Rule 192.3.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you so much for your time.
You said that i will have to file a discovery with a clerk. what exactly will be a discovery in my case? Discovery of what ? I think i have all the paperwork to prove legitimacy of my mechanic lien. The title loan company emailed me the contract and the copy of the title they have. Do i have to file for discovery of the same papework again ? im sorry about so many question this will be first time i represant myself in court and its kinda hard to read and undestand quick Rules of civicl procedure. thanks again
No, I said you have to check with the clerk, since most Texas courts do not require you to file the discovery responses with the court, but one or two courts in Texas may.

You do not have to file the same paperwork again and do not have to file it with the court.