Attorney Arcadier
Attorney Arcadier, Attorney
Experience:  Contract questions and Incorporation questions answered.

I have a purchase order from a muicipality and we are halfway

I have a purchase order from a muicipality and we are halfway through the contract and they want to cut it in half. Is this not a breach of the purchase order which defined a specific amount of services with start and finish dates ( specifically lawn care contract)
Do you have a signed agreement?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The purchase orders that I have are signed by the purchasing manager for the municipality.

The purchase price in the purchase order must be paid. Are we talking about monies owed for that particular purchase order, or are you looking to enforce payment on future purchase orders?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

More specifically, this is a mowing contract with 28 different purchase orders all signed and have a specific start date and end date with a defined number of frequencies. The contract is roughly 40% complete, and now I recieved a call that they are going to cut the rest of the contract in half by cutting the remaining frequencies in half. This is not legal since the purchase orders define how much and how many over the given amount of time right?

A future purchase order can be canceled if no service has been undertaken. So next, we look at the contract. If you have an executed contract that says how many purchase orders will be serviced, then you are in good shape legally.