Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney
Experience:  30 years of corporate, litigation and international law
18695994

My father and I are starting up a nano-brewery. We have a

My father and I are starting up a nano-brewery. We have a liquor license approved, our tax ids, and business license (sole proprietor). We are brewing with a special purpose permit out of a pole barn on his property.

I'm looking at renting a building off-premise as the taproom. I know that I need a second liquor license (tavern type). My question is, do I need a new business license and tax id for this additional business?

bizlaw :

You do not need a new tax ID for the business. As for a business license, you may need one from the local town for the location you select.

bizlaw :

If you need further help please do not rate 2 stars/faces "Helped a little" or 1 star/face "I expected more".This is considered a negative rating against me.

Just reply to me via the "CONTINUE CONVERSATION" or "REPLY" button with the questions you have as I receive no compensation for my efforts for the lowest two ratings.

Please keep in mind that I am trying to help you understand and resolve your situation. I don't make the laws, I am just reporting or interpreting them, so the outcome may not be what you had hoped for.

If this answer is responsive to your question, please accept it by giving a three stars/faces or higher . That is how we are compensated. I would also be appreciated if you provided feed back on your view of the answer. Finally, if the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus. If I can be of further assistance or you have other questions in the future you can ask for me and reach me at this site.

This communication is not intended as legal advice. A local attorney should always be consulted for legal advice. No client/attorney relationship is intended or created by this communication