Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

I purchased the transcript from the final TRO hearing in a

I purchased the transcript from the final TRO hearing in a trade secrets case, to confirm that the judge did not give the defense any time to read or oppose the terms of the TRO. The defense was handed a copy after the judge asked if the defense had seen the proposed TRO. The defense attorney stated he had not reviewed it. Previously the judge had granted the plaintiff's attorney an extra day to read the defense's opposition papers.

Can the defense move to have the terms of the TRO modified based on this lack of time to read or oppose the proposed terms?
The defendant can move to vacate the TRO or have it modified, since it is only temporary and not permanent. You would need to show your good cause as to why the terms need to be modified, such as it is overly burdensome and causing losses for which monetary compensation cannot make up for or that the terms are not reasonable and necessary to accomplish the objectives of the plaintiff.

I hope you found my answer helpful, but please understand that if you did not get all of the information you may have wanted PLEASE USE THE REPLY BUTTON IF YOU HAVE FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND NOT THE FEEDBACK BUTTON FOR BAD SERVICE. PLEASE CLICK ON “OK,” “GOOD” or “GREAT” SERVICE. Kindly remember to ONLY rate my answer when you are fully satisfied. If you feel the need to rate anything less than OK, please stop and reply to me via the or REPLY TO EXPERT button with whatever issue or clarification you may need.

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL, LEGAL ANSWERS TAKE MORE THAN “MINUTES” TO PUT TOGETHER AS WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT IT WILL BE MORE THAN “MINUTES” IN SOME CASES BEFORE YOU GET A RESPONSE, BUT BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”