JBaxLaw
JBaxLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in business formation and licensing issues
16110456

foster agency merging with another agency the board pres. is

Customer Question

foster agency merging with another agency the board pres. is a pres at Bof A in the merging department he employed a director from the other agency and did not tell anyone what her position was during her time at our agency she was getting what we call insider information about the agency. we feel the board pres is acting unlawful by pulling in an employee who works for the other agency and allowing her to snoop we feel this merger is merly a finacial gain for this pres we our a nonprofit public corp we get donations to keep our reserves those reserves are going to be given to the other agency and not the children and families they were ment for can we do anything to stop this it was also reported that in the Sect. of state they filed in march of this year we had 5 board members but that was not true we have three
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find a professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes I need someone to reply no has
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 2 years ago.
Sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
wil be here waiting!
Expert:  JBaxLaw replied 2 years ago.

I am a professional here to assist you. I appreciate your use of this service.

I see that you have concerns about the merger you describe. What is your question regarding the merger?

Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

we our a foster family agency who just found out the board pres wants to merge with another agency there is no finacial reason to merge as we are not in finacial ruins we have a six figure reserve but something is very fishy the board did not disclose this merger until this last month the board sought out this other agency pulled in the director of the other agency and made her our interm director but told the staff she was a consultant reviewing if we were in compliance than sent a letter to all the foster parents that we may be merging after some digging with sec of state and community care licensing we discovered they all ready officially started this merger we feel some injust and we feel some finacial gain for the board and not the actual agency we also feel some conflict of intrest or self intrest in this merger we want to stop this but do not know what power we have to stop it and if we can file something incourt or witht he attorney general anything to delay this merger can you advise as to what we can do

Expert:  JBaxLaw replied 2 years ago.
Before we get started I would like to provide a brief explanation of how this system works.

In essence, when we are done you will leave a rating for my answer.
I only receive credit for assisting you if you leave a positive rating. The rating only applies to my answer. In some situations I will supply accurate legal information to customers who feel that information is "bad news." Please do not hold me accountable if the information provided was not what you were hoping to hear. We answer questions relying on an honor system with the hope that customers will do the rights thing and provide a positive rating so that we are credited for your work.

Per the site terms, I cannot provide advice. I am only permitted to provide information.

If a board member or president engages in self-dealing behaviors in which they stand to have a personal gain there is recourse available. Such recourse would be a civil suit in court. Sometimes it is possible to garner support in the organization to remove the problem person before damage is inflicted to the entity. The first step is typically to seek out legal representation. Sometimes even a well worded demand letter from an attorney is sufficient to cause the "problem" person to step down from their position.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

I hope that you will be so kind as to leave a positive rating. This ensures that I receive credit for assisting you.

Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I rated you poor for a few reasons! one being you stated prior to answering my question please dont rate my answer poor and went on to how I should rate you and the reasons why... this is a business I pay to get answers you spent more time telling me how I should rate you than answering the question.... why pay for that type of service... correct your initial response to people present yourself as WANTING to help ... I go my question answered by a real professional one who has taken the time to truly answer my question!
Expert:  JBaxLaw replied 2 years ago.
Was there anything else you needed? My answer was accurate. If you have any questions, please follow-up. If you would prefer, I can opt-out and allow other experts to assist you.

Thank you again

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no your answer was not accurate and you canopt out anytime
Expert:  JBaxLaw replied 2 years ago.
The answer was accurate. If you have any questions about the answer, I would be happy to explain. What part do you need additional information about? What part do you feel was inaccurate?

I appreciate your patience.

Thank you