Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.

I had an employee that signed a non compete and began competing

Customer Question

I had an employee that signed a non compete and began competing against me while still employed. He used my proprietary materials and samples to obtain clients. My company is a DE corp and the employee lives in DE. What can I do and what costs can I expect to incur
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 4 years ago.
*Nothing herein is intended as legal advice, only intended as general information to better help yourself.*

It is my goal to deliver information in five-star manner.

I am a licensed attorney but I am not your attorney. The law does not allow me to provide legal advice or form an attorney-client relationship on this public forum.

If at any time the information which I provide is not clear to you or does not fully answer your question, please ask me for clarification by using the reply button.

From your description, it sounds like you may file suit against your employee for breach of contract, tortious interference with contract and civil theft. Most attorneys would charge an hourly basis - hourly rates usually start at about $200 per hour. If you prevail, attorneys fees would typically be assessed against the defendant. In addition to your actual damages, you may be awarded punitive damages in an amount to punish the defendant for his intentional and wrongful behavior.

I think this is what you wanted to know. Please let me know if I have answered your question or if you would like additional information

Thank you in advance for remembering to rate my service. If you experience difficulty using the rating buttons, please let me know as JustAnswer pays me for my time only if a positive rating registers.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
I asked a very specific question on what my case would involve and costs. I received an answer I already knew for googling the internet